The Careers Education, Information, Advice and Guidance (CEIAG) programme at Outwood Academy Valley seeks to positively support you to acquire the educational, social and employability skills necessary for lifelong success in a diverse and changing world of work.
Mr Loftus (Associate Assistant Principal) is the lead contacts for Careers within the Academy. We are currently working with CareersInc, an external, independent and impartial careers guidance service that works with schools to help them fulfil their statutory duty to provide high-quality, external, independent and impartial CEIAG.
All their professional advisers are qualified to Level 6 in CEIAG and they work with students, teachers, employers and parents to ensure that young people get the CEIAG (and the encouragement) that they need.
There are two careers advisers working at Valley, their names are Rachel Jones and Abe Pereira and they are in school Tuesdays and Thursdays.
Students at Outwood Academy Valley are entitled to CEIAG which:
* is personal to you and always puts your interests first
* motivates and inspires you to consider all opportunities both within and outside Outwood Academy Valley
* helps you to gain the skills you need to make your career ambitions a reality
* provides the support you need to be successful
* helps you access any additional support you might need
* is delivered by trained and qualified teachers and advisers, with up-to-date knowledge and understanding of career pathways and local labour market information
* protects and respects your personal information and shares it only with your consent
Together with staff from CareersInc we will support your career development in a number of ways including:
* information and discussion in lessons and assemblies to help you make decisions about your future
* activities and events such as careers fairs
* access to career advisers in a variety of ways including individual meetings,
* drop-in sessions, learning pathway planning and results days
* careers information and IT based careers programmes
* information and updates on notice boards, plasma screens and websites
At the Academy we have a Careers office based in Interview Room 2 which is run by CareersInc. We also have a careers library located in Vision. Within the careers library students can also find out about sixth form and college courses as well as other pathways including apprenticeships, traineeships and vocational routes.
Enrichment activities include Careers Club on Thursdays 2.30-3.30, Careers Clinics at break and lunch-times Tuesdays and Thursdays and regular Career Cafés.
Some useful websites are listed on the right. The CEIAG policy for Outwood Academy Valley is available for download at the link below. This contains both the pupil and parent entitlement statements.
Please also visit the CareersInc Portal (link below) for more career support and guidance.